1. Always wear safety glasses; sawdust is a jerk
2. Measure twice, cut once
3. Have patience, things aren’t going to go your way the first time around
4. That also means everything takes longer to do than you think
5. Wearing gloves comes in handy when working with metal sheets
6. Screws and metal don’t get along well, they need lots of love and elbow grease.
7. Watch your step, there is always something on the ground trying to trip you up at the worksite
Jenna Wilson/ UGA/ Landscape Architecture and Environmental Design